An amethyst, ruby & diamond clip brooch, by Ernst Paltscho, circa 1950 with its original box and papers and owned by Austrian starlet, Helene Thimig.
Designed as a spray of amethyst crystals with vari-cut diamond highlights, surmounted by a cluster of cabochon rubies and single-cut diamonds, rubbed maker’s mark, Austrian marks, length 4.0cm, fitted maker’s case
Ernst Paltscho (1858-1929) founded the firm in 1899. He was appointed jeweller to the Greek Royal House and worked for many of the Austro-Hungarian aristocracy. The business was continued by his son Erwin, who joined the firm in 1918.