Seven Georg Jensen Silver Fish Knives
Silver and Enamel Basket
Silver Posy Holder
Three Piece Sterling Silver Tea Set
Pair of German Silver Mastersalts
Large, Silver Plated Spirit Flask
Russian Gilded Plique-a-Jour Spoon
- Page 1 of 4
- Next page
Wow Your Guests with Antique Silverware
Whether you want to serve your guests using your antique silverware or just display these gorgeous pieces, you will be sure to leave them speechless with your taste in elegant luxury items. From antique silver cutlery to stunning silver tea sets, you have various choice pieces to decorate your home with to give it that elegant look and feel. At The Antique Guild, we are passionate about all things beautiful and rich in history, so we have put together collections of imported antique items for our clients. Take a trip through history when you visit one of our stores.
What You Should Know About Vintage Silver
If you are looking to purchase vintage silver items, you should consider a few things before diving right in. When you buy vintage elements, you aren’t only adding these pieces to your home but also investing. Here are some tips to consider when making your purchase.
- How does it make you feel? Don’t just buy an item because it’s pretty. Hold the piece and think about how it makes you feel. Can you have this item in your home and look at it all the time and still be happy with it?
- Will it add to your home’s aesthetics? Now that you have decided to add another antique element to your home, ensure that it goes with what you already own and that it won’t clash with your current decor.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Antique Silver Jewellery
While keeping your antique silver jewellery clean is important, you need to remember that harsh chemicals and buffering can also devalue the piece. Here are some tips on how to avoid devaluing your items while caring for them:
- Ask about the right cleaning agents. If you have never owned antique jewellery, ask the collector about suitable cleaning agents to use. They have vast knowledge about their pieces and can give you valuable advice.
- Use soft brushes and cloths. Always ensure that whatever cloths and brushes you use to clean your antiques are made from soft materials to avoid scratching your item.
- Ensure the piece is completely dry. To avoid water damage and spots, once you have cleaned your jewellery, ensure that it is completely dry before wearing or displaying it.
About The Antique Guild
Each of our collectors chooses pieces based on their design, style, and craftsmanship, so when you buy one of these stunning pieces, you can rest assured that they were carefully selected. We buy items from all different centuries, so if you are fond of a particular era, we have pieces you will love.
For more information about what we do or to inquire about a piece, feel free to contact us at any time.