Trio of Bohemian Gilt Glass Bowls
Green Aventurine Mistletoe Vase
Bohemian Ruby Glass Compote
Vase by Verlys of France
Art Deco Malachite Glass Decanter Set
Set of Six Hand Blown Champagne Flutes
Beautify Your Home or Enhance Your Collection with Our Antique Glassware
Among the most breathtakingly beautiful antique treasures are glassware and porcelain. Especially considering the craftsmanship and tools involved, their intricacy and delicacy are impressive and fascinating. We can stare for hours, marvelling at the skill and majesty encompassed in these fragile works of art. While a trip to Venice to source precious works in glass would be a rare adventure, there’s no need to go to those lengths: browse striking and unique antique glassware in our online collection or download our brochure.
To own such pieces is heavenly and collecting is a valuable pursuit. If you’re looking for the thrill of sourcing and assessing artefacts yourself, here are some tips to ensure that you only buy authentic work.
Tips Regarding Antique Crystal and Glassware Evaluation
What is more mysterious and intriguing than holding in your hand an article created hundreds of years ago, imagining the lives of those who’ve passed down the work through the generations? To understand the history of your find and assess its potential value, consider the following.
- Markings: Start by looking for manufacturer marks or symbols. With an abundance of producers at any one time in history, these marks are identifiable, though many pieces won’t have any mark at all. Some producers that you may recognise are Fenton, Steuben, and Tiffany Studios. Marks include trademarks, symbols, acid badges, registration numbers, signatures, or logos. Look at the bottom and sides, using a magnifying glass if necessary. Look for the same hallmark on the stopper or lid if it is a part of the piece. Once you’ve located the mark, you’ll need to research its origins to date and value your item.
- Imperfections and wear: If no marks are apparent, examine the condition of the work and look for scratches, mould marks, pontil marks on blown pieces (the ‘scar’ where the glass separates from the punt), or inherent differences, such as bubbles, for identification.
- Guides: Buy a collectors identification and pricing guide. You can usually find ones that are small enough to fit in your pocket while you browse. There is also a treasure trove of information available in libraries, online, and inside the minds of aficionados.
This category of antiques covers various sub-categories, from dedicated art pieces to formal and informal drinking ware, dinnerware, storage items, and décor such as vases and decorative bowls. You’ll find valuable glassware that has been pressed, blown, cut, painted, gilded, and engraved.
What Sets Us Apart Regarding Antique Glassware?
Beyond sourcing and selling gorgeous and one-of-a-kind artefacts, we also offer you:
- A wide selection. Our collection includes vases, decanters and pitchers, tumblers, champagne flutes, wine and cocktail glasses, centrepieces, bowls, urns, art pieces, bowl and saucer sets, pin dishes, candy jars, caviar dishes, and candlesticks. Among the makers we stock are Tiffany, Sabino, Loetz, Moser, Baccarat, and Fornasetti. You’ll find crystal, enamelled, gilded, favrile, hand-blown, etched glass, and more.
- Gifting. If you’re drawing a blank on what to buy for a loved one who already has everything, look no further. One of our online gift cards is the perfect surprise for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or simply to show how much you care.
- Payment options. Pay in full or own now and pay later. We’ll be able to offer you the opportunity to pay in instalments so that you can take that treasure home sooner. You can also place your chosen item on layby; we’ll keep it aside, so you can pay and collect it later.
Once home, make sure you show off your antique or vintage purchase!
About The Antique Guild
When you purchase your antique or vintage glassware from us, you invest in quality, value, and pieces curated with love and passion. View our selection of carefully sourced antique and vintage porcelain, furniture, jewellery, décor, and art, and sign up for our mailing list to stay up to date—you can become a member to attend our exhibitions. Keep an eye on our journal for stimulating and informative articles and insights on related subjects.
If you’re ready to add mesmerising glassware to your life and collection, contact us.