Art Deco Oil Portrait of a Woman, Signed
Unframed Portrait of a Woman
Early 19th Century Handwoven Nurata Suzani
- Previous page
- Page 2 of 2
The Benefits of Collecting Antique Artwork
The benefits of collecting antique artwork can range from becoming a part of art history to owning higher quality art. However, we have found that the one true benefit is originality. Knowing your painting or vintage framed prints are original or even one of a kind is key to collecting antiques. We understand the importance of authenticity and believe in designing rooms with character and conversation starters.
Fast Facts About Paintings if Vintage is Your Preference
Some facts about antiques are not just boring historical snippets. Giving you the definition of “Antiquing” would be the same as handing over a dictionary. However, we have some truly interesting facts:
- The famous “King of Pop”, Michael Jackson, had an extensive antique collection valued at over a billion dollars. He had everything from paintings to French furniture and fine jewels.
- King Henry VIII and French Renaissance King Francis were notorious for their mirror collections. They collected a wide range of Venetian mirrors that were so expensive; they would cost the same as a large house or tiny castle.
- So far, the most expensive antique on auction was the Pinner Qing Dynasty Vase, dating back to 1740 by antique experts.
Tips Regarding Antique Framed Art
Missing some key features while collecting antiques such as paintings, furniture, and jewels may occur if you don’t pay enough attention.
- Most stores will label items as originals; however, some are reluctant to do so. An antique painting will display signs of age, and the paint will be slightly cracked, which happens as the paint ages over the years.
- Canvas is known to darker as it ages. If a painting looks old, but the back canvas is bright and white, you will see that it's perhaps not as old.
- We always encourage research and questions; this is our passion, and we aim to provide you with superior quality antiques. We aim to avoid buyer’s remorse and would like you to be confident about your collection.
If you're looking for true rarities to expand your antique collection, you have arrived at the ideal online location or rare and top quality antiques from around the world.
About The Antique Guild
The Antique Guild is a way for us to bring appreciation for the old into modern life. We obtain the best antiques worldwide for you here in Australia, are incredibly passionate about our collections, and take pride in our quality. We import antiques such as European Furniture, estate jewellery and decorative arts. We even have an assemblage of African sculptures.
You will find in our antique framed paintings artists such as Paul Leduc, Walfred Thulin and Melani Dufour. Our range of miniature portraits is an ideal addition to your collection or perfect for gifting. Alternatively you could opt for a 19th century handwoven Nurata Suzani, mounted in a Tasmanian hardwood frame.
Contact us today for any queries or to start your art collection.