George III Tilt Top Candle Stand
Bronze Ceremonial Stool by the Tikar People
Boulle Secretaire in the Napoleon III Style
Set of Four Ebonised Art Deco Dining Chairs
Anglo Indian Mahogany Caned Chaise Lounge
Sheraton Revival Piano Chair
19th Century Chippendale Style Library Chair
Early 19th Century English Wingback Chair
Antique Furniture Brisbane
Our Antique Furniture in Brisbane Offers Remnants of the Upper Echelon
If you appreciate furniture made from the finest material and value superior craftsmanship, our antique furniture in Brisbane will exceed your expectations. We source rare antiques and stock European furniture, fine estate jewels, and decorative arts for the individual whose home is their palace.
What You Can Expect from The Antique Guild Regarding Antique Furniture in Sydney
Our Albion and Brisbane stores showcase vintage furniture that we have carefully chosen and thoughtfully organised. We’ll transport you back to a time when concentrated effort created masterpieces for the homes of the accomplished. Come and experience our collections of classics, which include the following.
- Chairs: Part of our Georgian style furniture ranges is the 19th century wingback chair, upholstered in elegant fabric. Although the chair looks as though it should only be for display, the structure is sturdy and the material is durable, so you can make practical use of it to your heart’s content. Our luxurious leather club chairs are for the gentleman who wants to enjoy a cigar and a glass of whiskey from our art deco Burl walnut bar at the close of an important deal. Why not elevate the aesthetic of your dining room with our art deco chairs, which bring character to any space? For those in search of more eccentric pieces, our green velvet and royal blue suede chaise lounges add a posh pop of colour to contrast the wooden pieces in our collection.
- Tables: Our range of tables includes the buffet side table for the sophisticated host, vanity tables, and card tables for a night of poker. Our French art deco coffee table is made from Walnut wood with carved flower detail. It’s a versatile piece, transforming into a dining table as you need it.
- Storage: For the homeowner with refined tastes, we stock cabinets and coveted chests of drawers to organise your space and keep your home looking tip top. We’ve also sourced Regency era furniture, such as the Hollywood drinks cabinet and the 19th century rosewood card table from England. A prominent feature of furniture from this period are the cater feet on tables and chairs, which can add an element of dynamism to your space.
What Sets The Antique Guild Apart Regarding Antique Furniture in Melbourne?
When you purchase your piece from us, you’re investing in furniture that will last for generations. We procure our antiques from overseas suppliers, and because no two pieces are alike, you’re sure to decorate your home with one-of-a-kind furniture.
- Rare antiques: Our collection includes furniture dating to the 17th century, such as the Italian flip top table, an adaptable piece that you can extend the more desktop space that you need. We’ve included styles with a global appeal, such as American deco, Dutch, English, French, Indian, and Japanese, bringing global class into your home.
- Curated: We have coordinated our range of furniture, so you have the option of pairing your piece according to period—for example, pair the art deco ebonised dining chairs with the French walnut dining table. Our Georgian furniture collection includes a buffet sideboard, chest of drawers, and cabinets that you can combine to create a harmonious look. These pieces are characterised by straight lines and brass fittings, which add class to any home.
- Luxury material and detail: The styles of furniture that you can choose from vary regarding wood, colour, and detail—make a selection depending on your taste. Our wood selection includes mahogany, oak, and cherry wood. Our black and gold painted Georgian Revivalist cabinet is eye-catching and features elegant carved designs. You also have the option of classic details, such as the Barley twist on the 19th century burl walnut Davenport desk and the claw feet of the Chippendale style library chair.
History of Vintage Art Deco Furniture
Art deco originated in France in the 18th century, and art deco furniture is one extension of this form of artistic expression that has influenced jewellery and even home appliances. Learn about some of the characteristics of this style.
- Cubism influence: A characteristic feature of the art deco pieces in our collection is the geometric shapes that they incorporate in their design. There is a clear move away from the curves that we can see in the designs preceding it. The simple and clean lines of our four-piece bedroom suite is a beautiful example of this influence.
- Bold colours: The burl walnut bar by Jindrich Halabala in our range demonstrates how colour was a part of the planning of the design. The piece was likely made in the 1930s during the Great Depression. The furniture of this time had to be both affordable and functional.
- Lavish detail: Before the manufacture of art deco furniture adapted to become more low-cost during the Great Depression, design elements that included marble tops and bronze inlays characterised this style. The pieces in our range include this feature and are made from maple and walnut in the time before these types of wood became a luxury and were replaced with plywood.
Why You Should Use The Antique Guild
Our furniture is made from the quality material that a discerning buyer would expect from period pieces. The intricate designs in our range are for the individual with an eye for detail who appreciates delicate inlay work.
Contact us to add royalty to your everyday and create an opulent space.